Check out the photos from the boat parade during the first-ever luau event at our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dunlap-Lake-Association/264037857002809
The annual youth fishing derby will be held on Saturday June 9 with registration beginning at 7 a.m. The day will include weigh-ends and awards at 11 a.m. and lunch will be served at 11:30 a.m. Pre-register by e-mailing Chad Martenscmartens@qteinc.com by calling 659-8602 or register in person on the day of the event at the Social Area at the intersection of East Lake and St. Mary Drive. The fishing derby will have three age divisions for children ranging in age from 1 to 19. Prizes will be awarded in each division. Licenses are not required during the event because the derby is held during Illinois DNR Free Fishing Days (June 8-11, 2012).
Next Board Meeting June 4
DLPOA Board meetings are held at the Fogle House, 840 East Lake Dr. The Board meetings are held at 7 p.m. All property owners are welcome to attend.
First Lake Luau
Bring a grass skirt and decorate your boat for a fun-filled Memorial day weekend celebration on May 26 . The social committee chairman, Jim Seubert, and his wife Susan will be hosting the first-ever Dunlap Lake Luau at their home on the lot across from their home at 113 West Lake Drive (beside the peninsula at the underwater bridge). Entertainment will include fire-throwers performing at the luau after dark and food will include a BBQ. For the BBQ, don’t forget to bring lawn chairs, a dish to share, and serving utensils (we are hoping for a crowd please be generous). Meat, lemonade, plates and plastic wear will be provided. Attendees are encouraged to dress in tropical attire.
Please decorate your boats (patriotic or bring luau-themed decorations welcomed). Prizes will be awarded.
Please RSVP! Guests are welcome but you must make reservations and attend with them. Contact Carolyn Green, administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org 618-791-1398 or Jim Seubert, social chair, email@example.com 618-779-1284 to RSVP or get more information.
2 p.m. ………………. Boat Parade starts at Barnett boat ramp
3-4:30 p.m. ………. Independent Swim time by the dam
5 p.m. ………………. Luau BBQ & Pot Luck (meat provided)at 113 West Lake Drive/Peninsula
At Dark ……………. Entertainment at West Lake Peninsula
East Lake construction to begin soon
The East Lake Drive reconstruction project will begin this summer, said an Edwardsville public works official. At this point the city is waiting on the easements for the project to be sent back. The city is hoping to start construction in early July. Once the easements are back, the city will hold a public information meeting where the public can review the plans for the project.
For the latest Dunlap Lake Association News go to our Facebook Page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dunlap-Lake-Association/264037857002809
For more pictures of the Dunlap Lake Association Adult Fishing Tournament or comment go to our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dunlap-Lake-Association/264037857002809
DUNLAP LAKE’S 4th ANNUAL ADULT FISHING TOURNAMENT
SATURDAY MAY 12TH (check in at 5:45 – 6:15am $25.00 per person)
ALL BOATS MEET AT E-8
Here is the layout of the tournament and the rules. In short, this is a bass tournament. You catch three bass that qualify as a tandem team. At the end of the day, if the weight adds up from your top three bass combined more than anyone else….you win!
Here are the… rules everyone follows to make this tournament organized and accurate.
* Largemouth bass only.
* Must be alive to weigh in (A live well preferred but a stringer will work).
* The fish must be 14” in length to weigh in. (A kick board preferred but a tape measure will work).
* You must be with at least one Dunlap lake resident or be a family member/friend of the registered boat you will be in.
* Top three fish (most weight) wins tournament.
* Must have Dunlap boat sticker
* No more than two people to a boat.
* We will be meeting across from E-8. Head towards the new East lake bridge by Gerber and you will see us on the right before you get to the narrowed area. It’s also located at 510 West lake drive. Two story brick…look for the camp fire! We will have stakes in the yard for you to tie your boat up to.
* Check in time is from 5:30 to 6:15. No boats will be checked in past 6:30 am. We have to be strict on this or it will delay everyone’s start time.
* No live bait permitted
* No boats will be given any information about other boats and what they caught till the end.
* If you can keep the fish alive…..you don’t have to call a spotter and you can get weighed in when you come in from lunch.
* Boat proximity. Look this is a fun local tourney….no need to yell at other boats for proximity, but try to stay 75 feet away from other boats fishing!
HERE IS THE “FUN” STUFF THAT WE WILL BE HAVING THIS YEAR:
* PLAQUES FOR 1ST, 2ND, AND 3RD. (TWO OF EACH FOR EACH FISHERMAN) You will want to display these in your offices, work, or at home when/if you win it all! In addition, the largest bass caught from the day wins a plaque.
* CASH PRIZES – What’s a fishing tourney without winning some cash? This will depend on how many boats. All money paid in goes back to 1st and 2nd place. In addition, the biggest bass caught from the day gets a cash prize. It is $25.00 per person or $50.00 a boat.
* COFFEE, DOUGHNUTS AND A CAMP FIRE – Let’s get everyone started at check in with some junk food! Thanks Dunlap association.
* BBQ AND DRINKS – Fishing is hard work ….We will have smoked meat BBQ sandwiches prepared by Todd McClew for lunch with potato salad, chips and other stuff to eat. A variety of sodas and junk food. Due to legal issues please BYB.
* TROPHY CEREMONY – Nobody will know who has won this tourney until the trophy ceremony when we come back in for the day. Bring your ear plugs…we will have a mega phone (my mouth) to announce the real pro’s on this lake. I do know this…everyone has a legitimate shot at winning this tournament. You will also be featured on our Dunlap lake web site (dunlaplake.org) and the Dunlap lake face book sight.
HOW THE TOURNY WILL BE RUN
* First, please pre-register at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get an idea of how many people we will have.
* When you arrive at 5:30 to 6:15am (ouch for those of you that sleep in) you will check in with me (Walter heck)…I’m the tall, ugly, slightly overweight guy with a bright orange vest on.
* I will assign your team a team number. You will be handed a team number for you to take with you fishing.
* You will be handed a lake map. The lake map is labeled by numbers. Each number on your map marks a location of a cove or area of the lake you are in. If you are fishing by the damn….and the map has a number 1 by the dam….you are in location number 1 at the damn.
* You can “start your engines” at 6:30 and the tourney starts and goes till 11:45.
* When you catch a fish (must be over 14” to weigh in) that qualifies (Bass only) you will immediately look at your lake map and identify your location of your cove by the number, then you call me (Walt) by cell phone. I will come to your boat and ask you for your team number
and will weigh your fish and log it for the end of day results. You will witness the weigh in and the length of your fish while I record it. The same scale will be used for all fish. The fish will be released back into the lake. We don’t want massive fish kill at the expense of the tournament. Your fish must be alive to weigh in.
* On a final note, I would like to thank the Lake Association for participating in the adult fishing tournament each year. They provide all the plaques food and supplies needed for this event each year. Without a majority vote by them we couldn’t put this event together.