Click here to see the Annual Meeting Silt Presentation.
- Dredging. The silt committee will have a report of progress from the past year and recommendations for how to proceed in 2016. They have engineering reports from Horner Shifrin, preliminary recommendations, and will hopefully have some cost estimates for improvements to the silt basin at the South End and dredging.
- Commons Repairs – Two big projects were done last summer and the commons committee is compiling a list of areas that might be in need of repairs for 2016.
- Board Member elections – The nominating committee will present candidates for 6 board positions and nominations will be taken from the floor.
CLICK HERE FOR THE AGENDA.
On February 11, Carolyn Green will be taking a representative from USDA Wildlife Services around the lake to review muskrat and other wildlife damage to the lake’s shoreline. E-mail Carolyn at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of areas where muskrat colonies are currently causing a lot of damage.
- The end of year financial position is looking good. The income is ahead of budget and the expenses are under by about $3,000. The reserve account is being moved from City and Village Tax Office to the Bank of Edwardsville where it will be FDIC insured.
- The nominating committee presented a list of volunteers for open board positions.
- The engineers do not have the aggregate price estimates for dredging but are trying to get that before the annual meeting. The officers will continue to explore funding options but can only explain concept, not specific breakdowns, until those numbers are available.
- Options and permitting are being explored for spraying unwanted plant life early in the spring.
What’s your favorite thing about living here? Boating, quiet neighborhood, friendly neighbors.
What brought you here? The lake! We moved here from Dallas, TX, to be near my family.
What do you want people to know about? My husband and I enjoy watching college football, especially the Oklahoma Sooners.
If you could have dinner with any two people (living or dead), who would they be? My two grandmothers. They both passed away before my son was born. The would have loved him and vice versa.
Any hobbies, sports or other activities that bring joy and contentment to life? Travel, family trips, watching soccer, cross country, and the Suzuki Cello Program with our son.
Family? Spouse, Deitrick and 11-year-old son, Alex.
Best memory of the lake or your work here? I have learned a lot while serving and supporting the board. Going to events and meeting people! Summer boating tied up with friends and kids swimming and watching fireworks with family.
The DLPOA Board extends special thanks to Jenny for her service as the association’s first financial administrator. Her talents have been appreciated and we hope she will be able to continue to lend her expertise to the financial committee!Jenny currently serves as Director of Finance and Planning for Ameren Illinois.
All boats and inflatables on Dunlap Lake must have a lake sticker. If you do not have a sticker on your boat please use the form available here. The fee for a sticker is now $20.
Fines can be assessed to owners of boats who do not have stickers and abandoned boats will be removed