Sunshine and ice skaters, what a beautiful time to celebrate and reflect on what brings this community together.
Dunlap Lake is a planned community which, per the bylaws, exists to:
- Promote the Dunlap Lake Community as a desirable single-family residential area
- Enforce restrictions, provide for the maintenance of common areas, and collect and manage the related expenses
- Assist property owners in the enjoyment of outdoor recreation
Board Members and Volunteers Needed
As we begin the new year, your help is once again needed to identify qualified leaders and workers to make this an enjoyable community for outdoor recreation. If you know someone with skills that would be beneficial or would be interested in serving yourself, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board Committees include:
- Building: reviews plans, issues permits
- Commons: provides for the upkeep of commons areas, including grass cutting, docks and shoreline protection.
- Dam Maintenance: monitors and maintains the dam, including mowing, riprap, dam integrity, and raised and drops the lake. Works with the safety engineer and US Corps of Engineers.
- Fish and Wildlife: monitors the fish population, stocking and problem wildlife.
- Meetings, Elections, and Social: manages meeting logistics, social events and the annual election of board members.
- Restrictions: enforces subdivision restrictions
- Safety: manages access to the lake, boat stickers, and annual water testing.
- Silt and Erosion: responsible for the formulation and implementation of a plan to remove silt from the lake.
- Web Page and Communications: maintains website & Facebook page.
Thanks to everyone who did volunteer work for the lake in 2017. A special shout-out to the Meetings Elections and Social Committee for the fabulous holiday social at the Wildey Theatre!!
Best wishes for the New Year.
Our mailing address is:
Dunlap Lake Property Owners Association
PO Box 5
Edwardsville, IL 62025